For all the singles out there braving the dating world in 2019, here are 10 New Year’s Resolutions to help you have a better dating experience!
1. I will not enter or stay in a relationship because I am lonely.
I know people who are in relationships who are lonely.
2. I will educate myself on emotional abuse.
Protect yourself by learning about narcissistic personality disorder. Know the red flags.
3. I will not invest more time or energy than the other person.
I know people say you should give without expecting anything in return, however, there is a limit. Only give as much of yourself as the other person is willing to give. This will protect your heart.
4. I will pay attention to actions and not words.
Make sure their actions and words match.
5. I will not see my worth in someone else.
Do not seek validation from others.
6. I will not let anyone live rent-free in my head.
No one is worth your mental space. Happiness is a choice and it can be chosen every single day.
7. I will not try to please everyone to my own detriment.
For all the people pleasers out there, you have to rein it in. Not everyone and not every situation calls for you to go out of your way for others.
8. I will not compromise my standards just to be in a relationship.
Keep your standards. Do not settle for someone just to say you are in a “relationship.” That is a waste of valuable time.
9. I will learn how to have boundaries.
Boundaries are a good thing, so you do not get taken advantage of. Make sure they are strong because there will be people who will try to knock your wall down.
10. I will love myself first.
Need I say more?